Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Disgusting!!!

We have had this odor coming from our downstairs coat closet for about 4 months. I did everything I could think of, washed the coats, cleaned the floor and walls, even disassembled the vacuum and cleaned it out. Finally Ryan cut a whole in the wall and found the culprit, a dead mouse. Kind of disgusting but at least the problem was solved. Well, today as I'm digging through the glove basket to find JJ some gloves to go outside I noticed that most of the gloves smelled, I figured it was just lingering from the mouse Ryan found earlier to I took it up and washed it all.


Once the gloves are done washing I go to get them to dry them and I notice the laundry room smells. Well, I just think, wow, maybe I need some better soap if they still smell this bad. I go to unload them into the dryer and grab this lint to throw it away, only it isn't lint.

Even after 5 washing I can still feel the wet, dead mouse on my hand!

6 comments:

Kim said...

I can almost relate (not the washing part). We had a smell in our bedroom and I did everything I could to find it. Finally when I was gone one night, Duke decided to move the bed. Well, the rest is history. I am so glad I was not home when he found it.

Heidi said...

Ewwwwww! Is that what happens when your house sits in the middle of a former field? :)

Sarah said...

GROSSSSSSSSSS

Anonymous said...

All I got say is...Wow, you are the woman of major guts to blog such graphic photos on your blog. I commend you. Don't let Jen see them though. :)

Anonymous said...

I think I might hurl!!

Becky said...

That takes the cake in the gross factor! I'm with Diane.