Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A LONG Day

So today Allison had an appointment at the St Vincent Down's Clinic. It's basically this appointment she has every 6 months where she sees tons of different specialists and therapists and has a million different test run always to tell us the same conclusion, she's perfect!:) Normally this is a 3-4 hour appointment, one she and I both dread going to. Today though looked like it was going to be a short day, only 2 therapists and 2 doctors, so, of course, I start planning on Qdoba for lunch since it looks like we'll be done early. Then the main doctor comes in to do his exam and I notice he's spending a lot of time pushing on Ali's stomach. He says he wants to order some blood work because it feels like Ali's liver is enlarged. Then he starts rattling on about the liver and the spleen and too much blood in her body..........after much prodding and questioning on my part I get him to admit that this is a sign of leukemia. After that I didn't hear much else, we went to have the blood work done and, hopefully, we'll have the results by tomorrow afternoon. We knew there was an increased risk of this with Down's Syndrome but I guess you never want to believe that it could happen to your kid. So please just keep her in your prayers!

Oh, and I didn't even get my Qdoba!:(

8 comments:

Jen said...

You are all in our prayers. We love ya!

Sarah said...

Praying for sweet allison!

Anonymous said...

Oh Heather. I DO know what is going on in your head right now. I am praying. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all! Love ya friend!

Becky said...

I'm praying for you friend! Love you!

Heidi said...

Well of course she's perfect! :) Praying for sweet little Allie!

Anonymous said...

Perfection is exactly right!!! Miss ya'll and praying in Georgia. We love you Allie.

Anonymous said...

praying for you all